We hope that through this we'll be able to share with our family and friends what's happening in our lives and what God's teaching us through it. Hope you enjoy reading about the joys, trials, and fun times of our family!

Thursday, August 9, 2012

6 month mark!

I can't believe we've already been living in Memphis for 6 months-I feel like we just got here! I remember someone at our church in Baton Rouge telling us that it would be very hard to move, but it would get easier after 6 months. I've kind of been holding onto that hope that it would get easier once we'd been here for 6 months and I think he was right. There are still days that are really hard and I get homesick, but I know there would be hard days even if we still lived in Baton Rouge. I struggled a lot at the beginning with feeling like we had make a mistake by moving here and being so regretful in our decision. But the truth is that the Lord blessed us with this opportunity and He knew what we would choose and He does not make mistakes. He is faithful no matter where we are and He has shown that time and time again through this transition. It has been harder than either of us imagined to find a church home and meet friends. We're still looking for a church, but it's so hard when there are several good churches and we just don't know which would be best for us. It's been so sweet to see the Lord provide friends for us...even if it is happening slower than we thought. People have been so hospitble and reached out to us and it really makes you feel the love of the body of Christ. Can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for our next 6 months here :)...hopefully it won't be that long before I blog again!

No comments:

Post a Comment