We hope that through this we'll be able to share with our family and friends what's happening in our lives and what God's teaching us through it. Hope you enjoy reading about the joys, trials, and fun times of our family!

Sunday, March 11, 2012

First week back

Well..this past week was our first week back to Memphis after me being in Baton Rouge for a week and Josh being in Ohio with work for a week. It was so good to not be apart any longer (9 days is a long time to go without seeing each other!) but it was very hard coming back. Josh obviously works during the day so my days have been pretty boring, but on the bright side I'm definitely cooking more :)...Thankfully we got internet and a new computer(thanks to a late graduation present from my sweet parents!) on Wednesday!! woo hooo!!! so that made the days a little less boring...I also had my first visit to my new doctor last week-that was good b/c I got to hear everything was ok and it had been about a month since I'd been to my old doctor, but it was hard. For those of you who didn't know this I LOVED my old doctor. She was so sweet, resassuring, laid back, and just an easy to get along with person. Everytime I went to the doctor I felt like I was visiiting a friend so needless to say any doctor I would get to replace her would not live up to my ideal of her. The doctor I have here is very sweet and I like her and I'm sure she'll do a great job delivering our baby, but I still left the appointment a little sad just because it became reality that here and not Baton Rouge is where I'll be when I have the baby. Josh was so sweet about it though and very comforting and thankfully he was able to go with me to the appointment. I'll go back in a week and we'll do an ultrasound :) so that's always fun! After a blah week I was so glad when it was the weekend and Josh didn't have to leave lol...we had a longggg overdue date night(we hadn't been on a date since before we moved a month ago lol) on Friday to a mexican place we found when my mom was in town and we're already obsessed! It's yummy and cheap-two things we love!! Saturday we got busy putting the crib together...I love it!! and am so glad it's done, but it was NOT fun to put together...Saturday night we started rewatching our favorite trilogy-Lord of the Rings! haha I know we're nerds, but it's sooo good! Today we visited Second Presbyterian.(.Josh went there to hear Tim Keller speak when I was in Baton Rouge) We went to a Sunday school class someone suggested to us and it was great! The people were all so friendly and welcoming and they were all young married couples..most with 1 or 2 kids so it was very refueling to talk to and get to know them..We really liked the church, but are still praying and thinking through where God wants us..after church we got lunch with another couple, which was very fun! We did another couple things to get ready for the baby-bought the mattress and put the swing/bouncer together :) I'm praying that I will see what God is trying to teach me through this season and what He's teaching us as a couple. One more week and we'll be back in BR for Kristi and Dan's wedding...sooo excited for them!!! and excited for a quick visit!

H&J

No comments:

Post a Comment